Hey friends! I can’t believe we are already in the middle of June! So let’s jump right into it!
It feels like I just sat down to write April’s Life Lately, this year is just flying by! In April I was boughed down with a ton of work, which is good, not complaining but I didn’t get to do a lot. So far in May I’ve had a good break from it all, but I am working this weekend, and I have a very busy two weeks coming up. I am VERY excited about the projects that I am working on, and I hope to share my projects very soon. I can’t share what I’m working on right now because the final product needs to be announced by my clients first, as it should be, then I will be over the moon to share with all of you.
You guys know how much I love my travler’s notebook, well in February The 1407 Planners had a presale for a collaboration kit with Scooterbug Cornor. The kit’s theme was flamingos and I thought it would be perfect for summer. At that time I was still really new to Travler’s Notebooks and was still wondering about what size would be good for me. I did have my first Foxy in size 1 (also considered a Passport size), this kit came as what is considered to be a Pocket size (Foxy size 2 -I believe), lucky for me I love it just as much as I love the Passport size!
Holy Moly! March went by so fast, and it feels like April is just as fast. March I was sick for a soild two weeks so that gave me some time on my hands (and lost of naps). It also happened to be when Mass Effect Andromeda was released so I played the crap out of it. Now that I experienced that trip, I’m making my way through the Kingdom Heart games again since the Final Mix came out. Depending on how I feel when I finish those up I might try Kingdom Hearts 2.8, I’m just not to sure how critical it is to going into Kingdom Hearts III (if and when that finally comes out).
So I think by now we are all aware that Mass Effect Andromeda has been released, and was met with a mixture of criticism. I think my favorite of those is that people are calling ME:A the Dragon Age Inquisition of Space! And I totally get why people are saying that, but it makes me giggle more than anything else.
Full disclosure before we get into things; the only other ME Game I have played is ME:2 because I heard it was the best out of the series. And I didn’t really care for it. In fact I did not pre-order Andromeda, and I debated about weather to get it or wait for it to go on sale for about two weeks. So basically I’m not a fangirl of any sorts, but I’m also not a hater, like I just didn’t mesh with the game (ME:2) thats all.
So before we get into spoilers here are my general impressions of the game:
- SPACE- lol obvious one, but in the game they make it feel like space is big and meant to be explored and that was kinda the point; I think they did that well.
- Bugs- there are so many bugs in the game that I felt like I was playing a Bethesda game.
- Combat- so kick ass, the only other ME game I’ve played is ME:2 and I hated the combat a lot. Actually, I just hated everything about that game. The ME series really isn’t for me, and yet here I find myself playing ME:A *sigh*
- UI- clunky at best. I feel like they could have simplified so many things in the menus and had it be a lot cleaner.
- Multiplayer-worth it. Or well, it was, until the latest patch. Maybe they will fix it, who knows?!
- Story-Good, and makes me want to know what happens next. Feels like there will be DLC in our future.
- New Game Plus- fuuuun. I really wish they had done this with Dragon Age!
- Voice Acting & Scripts- Needs work, and I feel like that is being nice. Not all the characters did horrible, but some where pretty bad, and I feel it’s a direct effect of the script writers.
- Animations- I feel like at this point I don’t really need to say anything, but they are pretty bad at times, other times it’s straight up cringe, and in rare moments its fine. (More about this in the spoiler section!)
Ok now time for spoilers, if you don’t want to be spoiled please stop reading!
February just flew by! I can’t believe it’s March already, but I think Oregon hasn’t gotten the memo yet. I woke up this morning to snow. I like snow, but I’m ready for Spring, mostly because I want to wear flip flops again! This is going to be a bit of a long post, a lot happened in the last month! So grab a cup of coffee and let’s get started!
I get a pat on the back for last month. I am terrible at completing “challenges” such as 30 day photo challenges or anything along similar lines. But I always give them a go (its like a bad addiction for me I guess), so last month I decided to try out the Iggle Daily Journal Challenge. Technically it would be my second time completing it, as I did it in January as well, but I didn’t share because I was trying to get use to doing it.
Since getting into the planning community, and more into the bullet journal community I’ve come upon Traveler’s Journals. They are also known as Midori Traveler’s Notebooks. These note books have made their way across the world and call Japan home, as part of Japanese minimalism. At their most basic, generally they are a leather cover with an elastic band to hold its continues. There are many sizes to choose from, most common is the Standard (4.33X8.25in), which I use as well as what is known as a Passport size (3.4X4.9in) which I really love. I’ve also seen covers be made from cloth, and other materials.
Happy February! February is one of my favorite months, mostly because of valentines day, but also because where I lives tends to start getting warmer in February and it even gets to where I can almost break out the flip flops. I’ve never done a life lately, so I thought why not give it a go!? I’ve been pretty busy with work recently, there are a lot of changes that I’m having to prepare for, for the next harvest. But I’ve also been taking “work hard, play hard” seriously and been giving myself lots of me time.
I can’t believe it’s February already! I hope this month is treating everyone alright so far. This 5 Fandom Friday is all about TBR (to be read) lists, and mine seems to always be getting longer, rather than shorter. So many books-so little time!