It feels like I just sat down to write April’s Life Lately, this year is just flying by! In April I was boughed down with a ton of work, which is good, not complaining but I didn’t get to do a lot. So far in May I’ve had a good break from it all, but I am working this weekend, and I have a very busy two weeks coming up. I am VERY excited about the projects that I am working on, and I hope to share my projects very soon. I can’t share what I’m working on right now because the final product needs to be announced by my clients first, as it should be, then I will be over the moon to share with all of you.
So I think by now we are all aware that Mass Effect Andromeda has been released, and was met with a mixture of criticism. I think my favorite of those is that people are calling ME:A the Dragon Age Inquisition of Space! And I totally get why people are saying that, but it makes me giggle more than anything else.
Full disclosure before we get into things; the only other ME Game I have played is ME:2 because I heard it was the best out of the series. And I didn’t really care for it. In fact I did not pre-order Andromeda, and I debated about weather to get it or wait for it to go on sale for about two weeks. So basically I’m not a fangirl of any sorts, but I’m also not a hater, like I just didn’t mesh with the game (ME:2) thats all.
So before we get into spoilers here are my general impressions of the game:
- SPACE- lol obvious one, but in the game they make it feel like space is big and meant to be explored and that was kinda the point; I think they did that well.
- Bugs- there are so many bugs in the game that I felt like I was playing a Bethesda game.
- Combat- so kick ass, the only other ME game I’ve played is ME:2 and I hated the combat a lot. Actually, I just hated everything about that game. The ME series really isn’t for me, and yet here I find myself playing ME:A *sigh*
- UI- clunky at best. I feel like they could have simplified so many things in the menus and had it be a lot cleaner.
- Multiplayer-worth it. Or well, it was, until the latest patch. Maybe they will fix it, who knows?!
- Story-Good, and makes me want to know what happens next. Feels like there will be DLC in our future.
- New Game Plus- fuuuun. I really wish they had done this with Dragon Age!
- Voice Acting & Scripts- Needs work, and I feel like that is being nice. Not all the characters did horrible, but some where pretty bad, and I feel it’s a direct effect of the script writers.
- Animations- I feel like at this point I don’t really need to say anything, but they are pretty bad at times, other times it’s straight up cringe, and in rare moments its fine. (More about this in the spoiler section!)
Ok now time for spoilers, if you don’t want to be spoiled please stop reading!
Happy February! February is one of my favorite months, mostly because of valentines day, but also because where I lives tends to start getting warmer in February and it even gets to where I can almost break out the flip flops. I’ve never done a life lately, so I thought why not give it a go!? I’ve been pretty busy with work recently, there are a lot of changes that I’m having to prepare for, for the next harvest. But I’ve also been taking “work hard, play hard” seriously and been giving myself lots of me time.
It’s been another week, and I have been super busy! This will be my third post this week (pats myself on the back)! For this weeks 5 Fandom Friday I decided to change the prompt a bit. The prompt is suppose to be “5 TV shows I can’t wait to watch” but after thinking about it, there really isn’t anything I’m over the moon about, or that I’m not watching already. So I thought “5 Video Games I Can’t Wait to Play” was better for me.
All hail Sony, Champion of E3 2016. This is what I was waiting for all day, my mind was blow so many times, from start to finish, they had hit, after hit, after hit. Sony also did something that I think more companies should do, and that was treating their games as pieces of Art. They let the games shine, and speak for themselves, it was perfect. One of the most unique experiences was that they had an Orchestra on hand who played through out the entire showcase. It was brilliant.