So maybe a droid isn’t a sidekick, or maybe they are? I guess it depends on the role they play. As you can probably tell this weeks theme is droids! I loosely interpreted Droid to include all robots and AI. This post also made me realize I don’t read much sci-fi cause I couldn’t think of a book other than Hitchhikers Guide that had a robot/AI in it.
I’m personally looking forward to the day we have AI and Droids to help with daily tasks. Until then we have all these cool droids and AI’s to dream about:
In honor of St. Patty’s Day, today’s prompt for 5 Fandom Friday is to share 5 green themed photos. I don’t do a whole lot with green, it’s just not a color in my wheel house. So I hopped on my instagram and went back through my photos, and these are the five with the most green in them:
- Top Left: “Isn’t he cute!! Spotted this little guy while I was helping my mom set up for a holiday show she’s doing over the weekend.” After I found this one, I found his herd, then as they finished setting up for the holiday show these guys were everywhere! But they are still adorable!
- Top Right: “A night full of amazing food, good people, and tons of laughter. Oh and of course coffee!” Also my boyfriend is very jealous of this coffee mug. When I was visiting Kat & her amazing family, it wasn’t really near Christmas…
- Under Top Right: “Dinner tonight: honey glazed chicken with snap peas and rice.” Mmm delicious! Can’t wait for snap peas to be in season again! Nothing better than fresh, locally sourced food!
- Bottom Left: “So much nom nom is happening is the fields right now!” Blueberry season is my favorite out of all the berries we do. I love walking around in the fields grazing, lol.
- Bottom Right: “Today I got the most beautiful postcard from @thecheerupgirls “she believed she could & so she did” is one of my favorite quotes. This is just what I need after such a long week of work.” Still have the post card, and that is still one of my very favorite quotes. For me it’s just a little reminder of how much of a fighter I am.
I hope you all have a happy & safe St. Patty’s Day!
MOVIES! Who doesn’t love movies!? If we weren’t living in the digital age, and I didn’t live in a tiny apartment I would have a very impressive DVD/Blue Ray collection to show you guys. I guess I could do a screen shot of my iTunes library, or is that weird? Either way, movies are a love of mine. I binge watch more movies and tv series than anyone else I know. The only thing with me and movies is that I tend to like things more modern, no idea why but anything from like the 80’s or old just isn’t my cup of coffee.
This week’s prompt for 5 Fandom Friday is Favorite Sequels! Be sure to leave your’s in the comments! We can compare notes! (I have no idea why I’m such a nerd while writing today, haha.)
Now that I have had some experience around the Planning Community I’ve discovered some amazing shops that I now call my favorites, and some facebook groups I consider a second home, not to mention the amazing ladies that make up the community.
So I thought I would make one giant list for anyone who is looking to try new shops, or for someone who is new to the planning community and is looking for shops to purchase from.
For Honor was announced at E3 in 2016 and will be releasing on February 14, 2017. I’ve come to understand there was a closed alpha for the game as well and since then there have been a lot of improvements to the game which is encouraging. I got into the Closed Beta by invite from my Boyfriend who got into the Closed Beta and was able to invite three friends. He got into the closed beta by signing up for it off the For Honor website. I signed up as well, but didn’t get in from it.
New year means new books to read! This year I’ve already read three and I’m making my way through the fourth. By the end of January I hope to have five books read. Last year my good reads challenge was to read 40 books, I met that and beat it, ending with 45 books read total. So this year I am hoping to read 50. I feel like it’s a lot, but that is also how I felt when I set the goal of 45 books last year.
This weeks 5 Fandom Friday is the topic of movies coming out this year. Holy cow there are so many! We’re getting a bunch of super hero movies, there is another Star Wars movie, some horror movies that look really good. I think it’s going to be a great year for movies! Here are 5 that I’m really looking forward to!
OMG IT’S BACK! After not doing a 5 Fandom Friday for quite sometime, I thought it would be fun to bring it back to my blog. 5 Fandom Friday was started by The Nerdy Girlie, and provides prompts for every Friday to write about (Click Here for more info & list of prompts). This weeks prompt actually goes along with #igglechat’s topic as well (there’s was Wonderlust), so it all just ties in together.
Last year I tried something new by setting new year goals rather than New Years Resolutions. Turns out that worked much better for me!
The two really big ones I shared here on my blog were to read 40 books in 2016 and to write more. I did accomplish both of these with the addition of improving my lifestyle (being healthier; drink more water, eat less junk food, loose weight, exercise more).