You guys know how much I love my travler’s notebook, well in February The 1407 Planners had a presale for a collaboration kit with Scooterbug Cornor. The kit’s theme was flamingos and I thought it would be perfect for summer. At that time I was still really new to Travler’s Notebooks and was still wondering about what size would be good for me. I did have my first Foxy in size 1 (also considered a Passport size), this kit came as what is considered to be a Pocket size (Foxy size 2 -I believe), lucky for me I love it just as much as I love the Passport size!
It’s time for another Swap Box! I love doing the seasonal Sweet Progress swap that is hosted by Ashley from Happy Pretty Sweet and Dean from Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress. I love doing this swap because I always meet such amazing ladies, with fantastic blogs. Normally I see the post to sign up, but April was a crazy hot mess for me and I wasn’t on social media nearly as often as I normally am. I am so glad Ashley reached out to me for the swap!
Earlier this week I passed 300 followers on my Planner dedicated instagram. I know this isn’t like a huge amount of people in the grand scheme of things, but to me, it’s mind blowing. I honestly thought I wouldn’t even get more than like 50 or so, I in no way am a social network guru. So to everyone who has followed, liked, commented, etc. THANK YOU. It really means the world to me.
I started planning in October because I was having really severe anxiety attacks, and feeling very overwhelmed with what was going on in my life. I don’t really talk about my anxiety because I’m a pretty private person, but planning and becoming part of the planning community has helped me so much. I’m really happy to say it’s been about three months since I’ve had a severe anxiety attack and there are quite a few reasons for it like lifestyle changes I’ve made, but I really do believe that planning has been a big factor.
I wanted to give back to the community that has welcomed me with open arms, and the rest of this post is about the giveaway that I’m doing on my instagram. Everyone is welcome to enter!
Holy Moly! March went by so fast, and it feels like April is just as fast. March I was sick for a soild two weeks so that gave me some time on my hands (and lost of naps). It also happened to be when Mass Effect Andromeda was released so I played the crap out of it. Now that I experienced that trip, I’m making my way through the Kingdom Heart games again since the Final Mix came out. Depending on how I feel when I finish those up I might try Kingdom Hearts 2.8, I’m just not to sure how critical it is to going into Kingdom Hearts III (if and when that finally comes out).
I have been having the longest work weeks for the last two weeks now and haven’t really been all that inspired to do anything but consume coffee and sleep. But Friday bring freedom, I have class all afternoon so that means I only have a half day of work. On my way home from class I stopped and got a few things because our fridge was empty-I’m not exaggerating, all we had was milk, carrots, and left over pizza.
I think my inspiration for this came from a pic I saw on instagram, all I know is it is super simple to make, is versatile for function, makes great for left overs, and doesn’t take that much time. This dish is perfect as a snack, an appetizer, an entree, and as leftovers.
I think my favorite thing about this dish is how the salt from the Pancetta brings out the flavors of the asparagus, and all the ingredients just marry so well together.
What You Need:
- 1-2 Sheets of Puff Pastry-Thawed
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Water
- 1/2 C. Diced Pancetta
- 1/2-3/4 C. Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 lb. Asparagus- Cleaned & Trimmed
- 1/4 C. Roughly Chopped Mushrooms
- Parmesan for sprinkling
*Note: You could also try adding olives, yum!
For Sauce *Optional*:
- 2 tsp. Mustard
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Honey
What You Do:
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheet with either parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Lay puff pastry on prepared baking sheet (depending on the size of baking tray you can use either one or two puff pastry sheets, I used two in my photos), fold edges about 1/2 inch inward. Press down with fork to secure. Puncture inside of puff pastry square several times with fork.
- Layer half of the Italian cheese blend on the puff pastry. Then arrange the asparagus evenly on top of the cheese. Next evenly distribute the pancetta, and roughly chopped mushrooms. Add the rest of the Italian cheese blend, and top with a sprinkling of parmesan.
- Mix egg & water together, brush edges of puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- To make the sauce: combined mustard, lemon juice, & honey.
- Use paper towel to blot away any liquid released from the asparagus.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with honey mustard sauce if desired, serve & enjoy!
We barely had any left overs but those we did have we ate the next morning with a scramble, it was so delicious!
So I think by now we are all aware that Mass Effect Andromeda has been released, and was met with a mixture of criticism. I think my favorite of those is that people are calling ME:A the Dragon Age Inquisition of Space! And I totally get why people are saying that, but it makes me giggle more than anything else.
Full disclosure before we get into things; the only other ME Game I have played is ME:2 because I heard it was the best out of the series. And I didn’t really care for it. In fact I did not pre-order Andromeda, and I debated about weather to get it or wait for it to go on sale for about two weeks. So basically I’m not a fangirl of any sorts, but I’m also not a hater, like I just didn’t mesh with the game (ME:2) thats all.
So before we get into spoilers here are my general impressions of the game:
- SPACE- lol obvious one, but in the game they make it feel like space is big and meant to be explored and that was kinda the point; I think they did that well.
- Bugs- there are so many bugs in the game that I felt like I was playing a Bethesda game.
- Combat- so kick ass, the only other ME game I’ve played is ME:2 and I hated the combat a lot. Actually, I just hated everything about that game. The ME series really isn’t for me, and yet here I find myself playing ME:A *sigh*
- UI- clunky at best. I feel like they could have simplified so many things in the menus and had it be a lot cleaner.
- Multiplayer-worth it. Or well, it was, until the latest patch. Maybe they will fix it, who knows?!
- Story-Good, and makes me want to know what happens next. Feels like there will be DLC in our future.
- New Game Plus- fuuuun. I really wish they had done this with Dragon Age!
- Voice Acting & Scripts- Needs work, and I feel like that is being nice. Not all the characters did horrible, but some where pretty bad, and I feel it’s a direct effect of the script writers.
- Animations- I feel like at this point I don’t really need to say anything, but they are pretty bad at times, other times it’s straight up cringe, and in rare moments its fine. (More about this in the spoiler section!)
Ok now time for spoilers, if you don’t want to be spoiled please stop reading!
Energy Bites are the perfect afternoon snack for me at work. My job is often so busy that I forget (or don’t have time for) lunch so having these little power balls on hand makes things a lot easier! And, bonus: they are silly easy to make- my secret is I make a double batch then split it into however many add ins I want to make. This week I split my double batch into five.
I did have an extra motive for doing a double batch this week. At work we got some new products in- berry powders! Berry powders are a great way to get the concentrated nutrition from the berries-and the powders are very versatile. So I wanted to play with them a bit, and I also needed a food “prop” for some product photos that I worked on this week for the shop’s website.
Another month in the books! This month I successfully completed the Iggle Daily Journal Challenge. It seems like every month there are more people from the community participating in it which is amazing! Its so great to see the community coming together and sharing their day, or what inspires them, or their troubles with each other. I think in the long run it makes us all stronger and forms a stronger community. Which with the world the way it is, is really important. So, anyways, here are my pages:
I think my favorite pages are from March 23rd and 24th. So colorful and so happy. I was sick for a ton of March so I didn’t really have that much to write about or feel inspired by. I think this can be seen from day to day. I also started practicing and learning modern hand lettering-like that really cool stuff you see on pinterest all the time. You can start to see me playing with my lettering as the month goes on. Expanding my lettering styles is one of my goals for 2017 and since I was sick it gave me something to do on breaks from video games.
April is going to be insanely busy and I am hoping I have time to keep up with journaling. Sorta the opposite is happening for this next month from March.
These kits are something I have come to look forward to every month. However I think in April I will be getting the mini kit for the month. Unless it somehow beats March’s kit.
Because of this amazing kit I was able to get my notebook just how I like it:
The planner clips are from a few places, the heart macaroon is from the Sweet Life kit from Villabeautiful.com, the green pom is from Peachy Pom on etsy, the unicorn macaroon is from pinkiebows on etsy and the unicorn is from thebooknook on etsy. Last but not least is the blue pen, it’s from PenGem‘s latest collection; Northern Lights.
So I’ve been slacking on my blog because I’m sick currently, and Mass Effect Andromeda stole my life (thoughts coming soon about it). So here’s a quick & fun little post all about Disney! Enjoy!