Destiny 2 hit PC’s last week, October 24, 2017. I was at a work conference all week and was unable to hop in the game until Friday afternoon, so to say I felt behind is an understatement.
So I think by now we are all aware that Mass Effect Andromeda has been released, and was met with a mixture of criticism. I think my favorite of those is that people are calling ME:A the Dragon Age Inquisition of Space! And I totally get why people are saying that, but it makes me giggle more than anything else.
Full disclosure before we get into things; the only other ME Game I have played is ME:2 because I heard it was the best out of the series. And I didn’t really care for it. In fact I did not pre-order Andromeda, and I debated about weather to get it or wait for it to go on sale for about two weeks. So basically I’m not a fangirl of any sorts, but I’m also not a hater, like I just didn’t mesh with the game (ME:2) thats all.
So before we get into spoilers here are my general impressions of the game:
- SPACE- lol obvious one, but in the game they make it feel like space is big and meant to be explored and that was kinda the point; I think they did that well.
- Bugs- there are so many bugs in the game that I felt like I was playing a Bethesda game.
- Combat- so kick ass, the only other ME game I’ve played is ME:2 and I hated the combat a lot. Actually, I just hated everything about that game. The ME series really isn’t for me, and yet here I find myself playing ME:A *sigh*
- UI- clunky at best. I feel like they could have simplified so many things in the menus and had it be a lot cleaner.
- Multiplayer-worth it. Or well, it was, until the latest patch. Maybe they will fix it, who knows?!
- Story-Good, and makes me want to know what happens next. Feels like there will be DLC in our future.
- New Game Plus- fuuuun. I really wish they had done this with Dragon Age!
- Voice Acting & Scripts- Needs work, and I feel like that is being nice. Not all the characters did horrible, but some where pretty bad, and I feel it’s a direct effect of the script writers.
- Animations- I feel like at this point I don’t really need to say anything, but they are pretty bad at times, other times it’s straight up cringe, and in rare moments its fine. (More about this in the spoiler section!)
Ok now time for spoilers, if you don’t want to be spoiled please stop reading!
Horizon Zero Dawn was released last week on the 28th of February, and I was far to excited. Since it released at midnight eastern standard time it released at nine pacific standard time for me. Which meant my Monday night was spent enjoying the newest episode of Supergirl and then jumping into the game for a few hours before having to go to bed since I worked in the morning. This game is the reason I wanted to get a PS4, and my boyfriend is freaking amazing for getting me a PS4 Pro. I’m going to try really, really hard not to spoil anything big in this post since the game is still new.
*Light Spoilers Warning*
Happy February! February is one of my favorite months, mostly because of valentines day, but also because where I lives tends to start getting warmer in February and it even gets to where I can almost break out the flip flops. I’ve never done a life lately, so I thought why not give it a go!? I’ve been pretty busy with work recently, there are a lot of changes that I’m having to prepare for, for the next harvest. But I’ve also been taking “work hard, play hard” seriously and been giving myself lots of me time.
For Honor was announced at E3 in 2016 and will be releasing on February 14, 2017. I’ve come to understand there was a closed alpha for the game as well and since then there have been a lot of improvements to the game which is encouraging. I got into the Closed Beta by invite from my Boyfriend who got into the Closed Beta and was able to invite three friends. He got into the closed beta by signing up for it off the For Honor website. I signed up as well, but didn’t get in from it.
It’s been another week, and I have been super busy! This will be my third post this week (pats myself on the back)! For this weeks 5 Fandom Friday I decided to change the prompt a bit. The prompt is suppose to be “5 TV shows I can’t wait to watch” but after thinking about it, there really isn’t anything I’m over the moon about, or that I’m not watching already. So I thought “5 Video Games I Can’t Wait to Play” was better for me.
Readatmidnight.com is hosting a Pokemon Go themed Read- A- Thon and I just have to get in on this! It sounds so fun! If you want to participate check out the original post here. I hope you guys join in! For me this is an excellent chance to check off some of those books that have been hanging out on my TBR for about two years now.
I haven’t been playing video games much because of me crazy work scheduled, but yesterday I was able to get in the first episode of Batman The Telltale Series. Honestly I forgot all about this game coming out, and now I can’t wait for the next episode!
It’s been one week since PokemonGo has graced us. In that time so much has been discovered about the game, mostly that nerds actually like being outside! (haha, bad joke, I know 😉 ).
This is an information dump of the 10 best tips I’ve come across, and they turned out to be true for me. Hopefully this will help someone else in their quest to be a Pokemon Master, or at least be a good “cheat sheet” of tips for future use.