Today is the first day of NaNo! Holy cow, I can’t believe it’s here! So an update to my planning for NaNo post, I almost completed everything that I wanted to. The notebook I was going to originally use fell apart so I had to get a new one, and rewrote my summary, which was actually a good thing because I added in more things. My printer broke last week and I had to get a new one so I did not get my mood board completed, but I still want to make one.
I’ve got a good community of people to share the journey with, and an added bonus, one of my very good friends is participating this year as well. Which I am super excited about! You can add me as a writing buddy here.
To get into the mood of NaNo I thought I would share my NaNo Survival Kit:
- Notebook: It has some lore things for world building, my over view of my story, and my summary. As well as an entire page of quotes I love to keep me motivated if I get stuck.
- iPad: For writing on the go, I usually don’t like taking my laptop everywhere just because it is rather big, plus cords for charging, it can be a mess. I prefer my iPad for writing a lot of the time.
- Planner: To stay organized and keep on track with word counts and goals. I made awesome sticker for my planner as well. Check them out here.
- Coffee!: It’s no surprise that coffee is involved here. I love coffee rather than tea, I’m not sure why, but I’ve never been a huge tea drinker. I mostly only drink tea when I’m sick, and I put a ton of honey in it.
- Pens: Gotta have something to write with! I’ve been obsessed with the Paper Mate Ink Joy gel pens. I’ve had some friends say they dry out fast but that hasn’t happened to me yet. I’ve gone through a about 6 black pens between home and work already. My orange, and blue are also almost out ( I wrote all my penpals in Orange this month + planning, and I’ve been doing NaNo planning in blue).
- Snacks: Gotta have snacks! Lately I’ve been really into the Nature Valley Peanut butter granola bars. Delicious! I also really like snacks from NatureBox, and having hummus and veggies. I just got a huge thing of organic hummus from Costco for NaNo haha. I’m prepared!
- Sticky Notes/Post Its: I’ve been into marble lately, I just think it’s so pretty, and I actually found some from an Etsy store. More places should make them, because I would not recommend the shop I got these from. But I have them and am going to be using them for plot planning/layout to make sure I’ve included every scene from my summary.
- Headphones: I know this didn’t make it in the photo, but when I go somewhere, or even at home, I like to listen to music while I write. “Get into the mood” if you will.
Are you ready for NaNo to start? What’s in your survival kit?