It’s been one week since PokemonGo has graced us. In that time so much has been discovered about the game, mostly that nerds actually like being outside! (haha, bad joke, I know 😉 ).
This is an information dump of the 10 best tips I’ve come across, and they turned out to be true for me. Hopefully this will help someone else in their quest to be a Pokemon Master, or at least be a good “cheat sheet” of tips for future use.
- Incense work best when you’re on the go rather than when you’re hanging out at home. This is because all Pokemon spawns have a cool down, if your staying in one spot then no matter what you have to wait for that cool down before another spawn. If you’re moving then you have a greater chance to run into Pokemon that are ready to spawn.
- Lures and Incense are stackable. In my city’s downtown there are a ton of Pokestops that are often lured, so turn on an incense and just walk around! Pokemon have been coming out of the walls for me.
- Rustling grass doesn’t guarantee Pokemon. Be sure to have an eye on the “Near By” Poke list in the lower right hand corner of your screen. 3 foot prints means its really far, 0 footprints means you can select it and have it appear around you in 10 seconds. Your phone could also vibrate when a Pokemon is nearby.
- If your having a hard time catching a Pokemon, turn off AR/camera mode, this way you can keep walking and still catch the Pokemon.
- Wild Pokemon CP and your Trainer level effect the chances of you capturing the Pokemon in question. You can use Razz Berries to make the Pokemon more inclined to stay in the Pokeball. You can also use Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and Master Balls, however these can not be bought from the shop.
- I’ve had this method work for me a bunch, but I’ve heard others say that it doesn’t work or is buggy. Maybe they will fix it after they finish rolling the game out.
- This is along the same lines, but I think it’s a better explanation. 🙂
- Chart for what Pokemon hatch out of what eggs, 2 KM, 5 KM, and 10 KM.
- The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, and Sparky. They each respectively owned a Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon. It’s been proven that if you nickname an Eevee either Rainer, Pyro, or Sparky it will evolve into the desired eeveelution. Rainer = Vaporeon, Sparky = Jolteon, and Pyro = Flareon.
- If you save up basic Pokemon (like Pidgey), I mean like 30 -80 of them, and use a lucky egg to evolve them all to Pidgeotto you can get a whole bunch of XP at once for your trainer level. You want a whole bunch of Pokemon that don’t require a lot of candies to evolve. Never evolve to third stage, send them to the professor to get another candy instead. 🙂
Any tips I missed? Feel free to share them in the comments! We are all here to be the best, and knowledge is power!
Oh also feel free to comment your star sign, Hogwarts House, and Pokemon Team. I’m super curious how these things turn out. For me, I’m Capricorn, Gryffindor, Team Valor.