I have an Xbox One, and actually like Windows 10, so I was actually looking forward to the Microsoft showcase. And it wasn’t that bad! But because of work I missed about the first 40 minutes which really bummed me out!
The XBox Conference covered 19 topics, if you want the highlights, check out XBox’s YouTube Playlist.
If you missed Microsoft’s Showcase, check it out here:
The Games and thoughts about them:
- Killer Instinct General RAAM
- Merciless. Fearless. Massive. Cunning. An opponent that all fear to face. Now that feared enemy, General RAAM, has arrived in the Killer Instinct universe.
- Forza Horizon 3
- Forza Horizon 3 Official E3 Trailer – In Forza Horizon 3, you’re in charge of the Horizon Festival. Customize everything, hire and fire your friends, and explore Australia in over 350 of the world’s greatest cars, including the debut of the 2017 Lamborghini Centenario. Make your Horizon the ultimate celebration of cars, music, and freedom of the open road. How you get there is up to you.
- ReCore Releasing September 13, 2016
- I think this game looks really fun, and it will be exciting to see more about the game. “From the legendary creator Keiji Inafune, and the makers of Metroid Prime comes ReCore, an action-adventure crafted for a new generation. Join Joule Adams as she leads a group of Corebot companions on an adventure to save mankind in the dangerous world of Far Eden.”
- Dead Rising 4 Releasing Holiday 2016
- Have a need to kill zombies? Well This new dead rising will satisfy that need easily. Zombie games tend freak me out, but I do like to play them when given the chance.
- Scalebound Releasing 2017
- Finally, more news from Scalebound! I think it was eaither last year or the year before that I heard about this game and I LOVE anything with dragons, so I’m stupid excited to get my hands on this title. I’m really glad that they pushed the game back because I want it to be epic, and if that means they take more time to create it then that is fine by me.
- Sea of Thieves Releasing 2016
- So Sea of Thieves looks interesting, as in I want to know more. I love ships and being a pirate and all that good stuff, however they way they decided to present the game was not the best. I think having “members of the community” “playing” the game was a mistake. For the plot of the game we don’t really know a whole lot, and the game looks “bare bones” from what we saw. It will be interesting to see where we the game goes.
- State of Decay 2 Releasing 2017
- “The next installment in the critically acclaimed “State of Decay” franchise immerses you in an all-new, multiplayer zombie survival fantasy. Build a lasting community, working with other players or solo to overcome challenges while exploring your own unique story in a world that remembers the choices you make”
- Halo Wars 2 Releasing 2016
- “Halo Wars 2 Official E3 Trailer – In Halo Wars 2, the Spirit of Fire and her crew, led by Captain Cutter, face a deadly new faction known as The Banished. Their chief, the Brute warlord Atriox, is both a deadly warrior and brilliant military leader in control of a massive army. The key to victory is knowing your enemy, but Atriox is a threat no one is prepared for.”
- My boyfriend is going nuts over this game! He can not wait for it!
- Minecraft Patch, Modding, Addons, Coming this Fall
- Minecraft Live at E3 2016! Minecraft Realms brings fast and easy cross-device multiplayer to iOS, Android, Windows 10 and Gear VR, powered by Xbox Live! Plus, a sneak peek at the future of modding with Add-Ons, coming this fall.
- The coolest thing is the ability to play cross platform.
- Gears of War 4 Releasing October 11, 2016
- After narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy. “Gears of War 4” returns the franchise to the dark tone and intensity of the original, including split-screen and online co-op, the next generation of five-player favorite Horde Mode, 60 frames-per-second Versus multiplayer, and stunning visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Immerse yourself in the conflict and witness the final showdown. Who will survive – father or son? TEKKEN 7 returns the storied fighting game franchise to its purest form with bone-crushing head-to-head bouts, new developments in the game’s canon storyline centerted on the struggle for power amongst the members of the Mishima clan. Powered by Unreal Engine 4 for the first time ever, TEKKEN 7 takes the graphics quality of the series to new heights; featuring highly detailed characters and dynamic environments. Players will also be able to play as new fighters such as Kazumi Mishima, Claudio, Josie, Shaheen, Katarina, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, and Akuma from the Street Fighter® franchise amongst an impressive stable of fighters for the first-time-ever outside of arcades.
- Battlefield 1
- You look into the distance and see planes torn apart by gunfire, their debris raining down over London. In war-torn France to the east, horrible armored tanks tear holes in walls as they roll through crumbling cities. To the south, past the burning Italian coast, men charge over the sand dunes of the Arabian Desert, armed to the teeth with the most powerful weaponry the world has ever seen. This is what the dawn of all-out war looks like, and it’s Only in Battlefield 1.
- Gwent, the hit card game from CD PROJEKT RED’s game of the year — “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” — is now its own standalone collectable card game. Inspired by player feedback, with new rules and mechanics, Gwent: The Witcher Card Game puts players and their style of play, and not only their cards, in the center of the action. In Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, You are the Wild Card.
- Final Fantasy XV
- Get ready to be at the center of the ultimate fantasy adventure. Enter the world of FINAL FANTASY XV, and experience epic action-packed battles along your journey of discovery. You are Noctis, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Lucis, and your quest is to reclaim your homeland from the clutches of the imperial army.
There are a fair amount of games that I’m interested in and it wasn’t a snooze fest, so I’m going to rate this conference 7/10.
Did you love this showcase? Any games you can’t wait to get your hands on? Let me know down in the comments !