So after Bethesda blew everyone out of the water last year, EA took back their spot and went first this year, opening the conference. I think EA didn’t like being showed up, but it’s Bethesda, what are you going to do you know?
For me EA was the worst presentation, and I’m really glad they went first (get the bad out of the way, you know?). The games they showed just weren’t my cup of tea and that’s ok. I’m sure there are some people stoked about what EA came with.
They did try something very unique, they had one stage in LA and another in England then switched off in presenting the games. That was interesting to see, and a unique way to involve more gamers around the world, except that the show was at 6 pm PDT, which must have been super late for those guys!
If you want to see the EAPlay 2016 conference you can check it out here:
The Games & thoughts about them:
- Titan Fall 2 Releasing October 28th, 2016
- Titan Fall was such a let down. I was never really interested in it, but my boyfriend and his friend were. They are not interested in this, I feel like they blew their chance with the Titan Fall franchise, and are hoping that there is still hype around it to cash in on. For things they have added, include a single player campaign, that is said to explore the bond between man and machine. Players will step on The Frontier as a Milita rifleman with aspirations of becoming a Pilot.
- Madden NFL 2016 Releasing August 23, 2016
- Not a sports video game person, so N/A for me. But I’m sure the people out there that do love it will be all over this and FIFA. “Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 and put yourself at the center of your team’s Championship run in the deepest Franchise mode to-date. Driven by the most balanced gameplay yet, the deepest commentary in franchise history, along with fun and fresh ways to play modes such as Ultimate Team and Draft Champions, Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden…ever.”
- FIFA 17 Releasing September 29, 2016
- Again, not a sports video game person, but they are doing something “cool” in that they are taking you on a journey with a single player campaign mode. Follow Premier League’s rising star Alex Hunter in his rise to fame. Also you can play as at any Preimer League club and they have added in authentic managers, three to be specific.
- Mass Effect Andromeda Releasing Early 2017
- This I am actually really excited about! I’ve actually never played any of the other ones, but I’ve wanted to, just never gotten around to it. So this game looks like it’s a fresh start into the universe with a new story but same world that is Mass Effect.
- Battlefield 1 Releasing October 21, 2016
- This might have been my favorite part, after the main conference, they showed a 64 player PvP which was cool, but so many stars were there and were high as a kite, featuring Snoop Dog. It was incredibly funny.
- Fe (Fairy?) Release TBA
- We don’t know much about this new title, but we do know it’s coming from a small studio based out of Gothenburg, and it looks really beautiful.
- EA Star Wars: A Look A Head
- “Take a look at what’s going on with some of the amazing Star Wars projects our teams at EA are working on now, including DICE, BioWare, Motive, Visceral Games, Capital Games and our partners at Respawn Entertainment. These experiences will explore different Star Wars eras in different gaming genres on different platforms.”
My over all rating for EAPlay is 4/10. Not a good showing. Like I said it just didn’t do it for me. It was also a whole lot of talk and not a lot of show.
If EA rocked your socks off I would love to know! Excited for any of the games? Let me know in the comments down below!