Following up EAPlay the superstar of last year, Bethesda took the stage and attempted to amaze us. I don’t think there was anyway they could have one up’ed themselves, but it wasn’t a bad showing either. I would have really liked to see a new Elder Scrolls game be announced though.
If you missed out on Bethesda’s conference check it out here:
The Games and Thoughts on them:
- Quake Champions Releasing TBA
- I was really hoping this was going to be a single player reboot, but it’s not. It’s going to be a competitor for Overwatch. “Quake Champions features a roster of unique characters, each with their own distinctive abilities, allowing you to fight the way you want.” I’m not to excited over this yet, I need to know more, but honestly nothing is going to beat Overwatch for me.
- Elder Scrolls Legends Releasing 2016?
- Spoiler! It’s a card game! From what I have heard/read about it, it’s actually very different from Hearthstone, so it could be terribly successful. Just depends on if everyone wants another card game or not. The competition is fierce, but so is the love for Elder Scrolls, so anything is possible.
- Fallout 4: Fallout Shelter & Skyrim Special Edition
- Fallout Shelter is coming to PC! WOOT, I’ll actually play it on my PC. The updates they are doing to it also seem like there will be added value there. Looking forward to playing it.
- Skyrim Special Edition will be out 10-28-16, for console players this will really be great, and for those of us on PC’s we get it for FREE! There are also going to be offering Mods on PS4 & Xbox One now, YAY! If you are considering picking this up and have Amazon Prime, take advantage of that 20% off new games!
- Prey Releasing 2017
- From Arkane Studios (the team behind the Dishonored series) comes Prey. A First-person sci-fi action game and adds a psychological twist. I’m really excited for this game, but might end up watching the game on Twitch. I don’t do well with first person games, I get motion sickness really easily.
- “You are Morgan Yu, the subject of morally dubious experiments designed to improve the human race. You awaken aboard the Talos 1 in the year 2032 and must uncover the secrets hiding in the depths of the space station while being hunted by the mysterious alien force that has taken over. You’ll have to rely on the tools you find on the station – along with your wits, weapons and mind-bending abilities – to combat the growing threat and, hopefully, survive.”
- ESO look back
- “Over 7 million people have joined The Elder Scrolls Online to explore Tamriel and uncover its mysteries in the year since it launched on PC/Mac, PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. With three huge game packs out across all platforms, it has been a busy year for ESO – and we have no intention of slowing down!”
- Doom Updates and First DLC Pack
- My boyfriend loves Doom! He was really excited about the new update and DLC pack. It’s not for me, but it’s not bad.
- “The fight continues, DOOM Marine. There’s a lot more DOOM for you to enjoy, and we gave you a first-look at what’s in store at this year’s #BE3 Showcase. id Software’s Marty Stratton reveals all the new free content coming to DOOM, including new SnapMap tools and Hell visual themes, plus new multiplayer modes including fan favorites like Classic Deathmatch, capture the flag, and capture & hold. He also shares news around the game’s first DLC pack, Unto the Evil, which includes three new multiplayer maps, new equipment, a new weapon, and the Harvester–and a new player-controlled demon.
If you haven’t joined in on the fun just yet, we’ve got another special surprise. The DOOM Demo is available starting June 13. Play the first level of the campaign for free, available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.”
- Dishonored 2 Releasing November 11, 2016
- I think this was the highlight for me. I haven’t played the first one, but with pre-ordering the second one, everyone gets the first one, so it’s a perfect time to get in on the action.
- The game also has a very BioShock feel to it, and I love the BioShock games!
- “Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2 – the next chapter in the award-winning Dishonored saga by Arkane Studios. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the Royal Protector, Corvo Attano? Will you stalk your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system, or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes, as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.”
Bethesda showcase gets a 7/10 from me. Nothing mind blowing, but it was far from terrible, and they showed a lot of the games they brought off.
Any Bethesda games you saw spark your fancy? Let me know in the comments down below!