Wednesday evening the world learned 14 things about Final Fantasy 15. My boyfriend and I watched via Twitch through Ducksauce, and the presentation was fine. I thought some of the guests they had up on stage were acting weird, like they were just awkward as though they were nervous and that’s totally ok. If I was up there I would be nervous, but that also tells me that maybe they should have had a couple more run through of the show to make people more comfortable.
My background with Final Fantasy is fairly new. I have played Final Fantasy III in 2006 on my DS I had, Final Fantasy VII (PC), Final Fantasy XII PS2, Final Fantasy XIV Online, and I am finishing Final Fantasy Type-0. So I haven’t played all of them, but I’m not a stranger to the series either.
In case you missed the announcements, here’s a recap for ya:
- Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of Final Fantasy, gave the keynote speech.
- A new trailer for Final Fantasy XV:
3. New art illustration from Japanese illustrator Yoshitaka Amano titled “Big Bang” which was also turned into a 3D image.
4. Florence + The Machine doing the “Stand by Me” theme song for Final Fantasy XV.
5. New gameplay videos of Final Fantasy XV
6. New enviornment footage of Final Fantasy XV
7. New trailer of Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV: the anime series, an original five-episode animated series that shares the story of how the four main characters became friends. All episodes will be available online for FREE! YES FREE PEOPLE! Starting with episode 1 available now. All episodes will be out before the launch of Final Fantasy XV.
8. Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV full CG movie announcement and trailer, which will be coming out in 2016. The movie will not be in theaters, but will be steaming and available for download. It follows the story of King Regis and Princess Luna, Noctis’s betrothed, as well as Nyx, a member of the elite Kingsglaive. Against impossible odds, they must fight to protect the throne of Lucis for the future king.
9. Square Enix and Audi are partnering to create one production model of the car Noctis and his friends drive throughout Final Fantasy XV.
10. The voice cast for Kingsglaive includes Lena Headey as Princess Luna Freya, Sean Bean as King Regis, and Aaron Paul as members of the elite Kingsglaive, Nyx.
11. Final Fantasy XV’s signature mini-game is called Justice Monsters V and will be available as a cell phone app on Android, iOS and Windows 10, with preregistration beginning March 30. The game will launch before Final Fantasy XV’s September 30 release date.
12. A new demo called “Platinum Demo” will be available to play starring Kid Noctis. The demo is available starting today, free of charge, on both Xbox One and PS4. Platinum Demo has a separate story from Final Fantasy XV , unlike Episode Duscae, which is a chunk of the game’s main story. The Platinum Demo features whimsical, cute mechanics, as well as allowing players to control monsters, magic and astrals. Those who play through the demo will unlock Carbuncle as free DLC and be able to name it.
13.There will be 2 collector’s editions: Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition. The Deluxe Edition features bonus DLC content such as a weapon, new outfit and car recolor, while the Ultimate Collector’s Edition includes an artbook, a special soundtrack featuring art from Brotherhood and Kingslaive as well as the main game, an exclusive Play Arts figure of Noctis, in-game item packs, and everything that’s included in the Deluxe Edition. The Ultimate Collector’s Edition is limited to 30,000 worldwide and is available starting at 9 PM PDT via the Square Enix online store only.
14.The Final Fantasy XV release date is confirmed for September 30